Sunday 24 December 2006

Automatic For The People

Yesterday, I watched a couple of episodes of the MacBreak video podcast.

While Leo Laporte can be a bit over the top at times, do persevere, because it's the guests who make the show, and the content is definitely interesting.

One I particularly liked was this one on Automator. Up to this point, I'd accepted that Automator was probably a good tool, but have never tried to use it for anything. After watching the video, I'll be giving it a serious workout the next time I have something I want to automate on OS X!

There doesn't seem to be a complete MacBreak archive anywhere that I've been able to track down, but you can find quite a few here.

Specific episodes I'd recommend are these two on Quick Silver, this one that talks about removing distractions from your Mac desktop, and this one on Sketchup and GoogleEarth.

No comments: