Thursday 31 May 2007

Apple TV Gets YouTube & 160GB Drive

Steve Jobs was also at D5.

He didn't give much away, other than to say that they're trying to come up with a way that third party developers can write apps for the iPhone, without compromising security.

Whether I buy one, once I can get my grubby little hands on it, will depend entirely on the ability to add useful apps, so that was good news.

One thing he did announce (and demo) was Apple TV access to YouTube. Hopefully, this is just the first in a long line of improvements to the device. I'll still probably never buy one, because I'm happy sitting here in front of my 24" Dell monitor, plugged directly into my PC.

He also announced that there will be a build-to-order option for a 160GB drive, which is definitely better than that tiny 40GB it currently has.