Saturday 17 March 2007

Humour? Ignorance? ... Or Evil?

After reading the "review" mentioned in my previous post, I took a look at the home page of Adequacy.

As the title suggests, I am uncertain whether (a) this is intended to be a humourous site, (b) the people who post there are simply ignorant or (c) there's a more insidious, hidden agenda at work.

To wit, I give you "Is your son a computer hacker?".

It's a long and detailed article, so feel free to skim. You might enjoy simply reading the titles of some of the warning signs.

I particularly love the bit about Lunix (sic), "invented by a Soviet computer hacker named Linyos Torovoltos, before the Russians lost the Cold War" :-).

Here's another gem ... "In extreme cases, over-exposure to computer radiation can cause schizophrenia, meningitis and other psychological diseases."

Oh well, at least I've found somewhere to go when in need of a good laugh!