Friday 2 February 2007

Woo Hoo !!

Since my group moved from the Australian Technology Park in Redfern, to North Sydney, I've had two ancient 1024 X 768 LCD screens on my desk.

Yesterday, that changed ... and how! We all got upgrades, in the form of 20" Dell LCDs. Those with laptops received one and those of us lucky enough to have desktop machines got two!

These are 1600 X 1200 pixel beauties. That is 2.44 times the number of pixels I had working for me previously.


Since 1200 pixels is still 176 pixels more than the width of my old monitors, and because I spend a lot of time looking at source code of one form or another, I decided to put them in a portrait orientation.

As you can see, this reduces the amount of deskspace required, and also makes it possible to read entire A4 pages in one screen's worth of real estate.

To say I'm a happy boy is putting it mildly.